Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hic hic hooray!

You know one good thing about me, is how willing i am to admire people who embody values that i don't have. I see them as being superior to me. Stronger, more (or maybe differently) able than me.

Teetotallers are not amongst that admired lot.

I see no virtue in being a teetotaller. I think everyone should drink and enjoy. The real test of strength, i feel, is to passionately love (what other way is there, to love?) your drink and yet not be slave to it.

Think about it. Is there anything quite like having your favorite alcohol in your favorite glassware/crystal, in the company of your favorite person/ people, at your favorite place with your favorite music playing. Nopes, i can't think of any. Sex comes close, but nah. It's not as sureshot a formula for a good time as alcohol.

And am happy to note that ten years of being at it (the alcohool), and i still enjoy it as much. More, perhaps. Even better, i see that i'm holding my drink better and better, which is a great feeling too. Getting drunk to the point of having your lights out and getting wasted all over the place, is so not desirable or cool.

Also maybe because am married now, unlike before i don't automatically gravitate towards my cell-phone anymore as soon as that happy buzz starts in my head. Which means no stupid messages sent to people i love (openly or secretly; long list.), hate (mostly openly; not a long list) or fear (mostly secretly; very short list). Which in turn means no blushes the morning after, no sheepish aplogies or explanations, no unnecessary waste of good money on stupid cause. So yes, there's been significant progress there. Ditching the phone when drunk... big relief.

Another thing that delights me is that finally finally i'm beginning to be able to tell a good scotch from a decent whisky. And you know what? I don't like Glenfiddich. I find its smell and taste a little too sandy for my taste. Good ol THC suits me very well, and Black Label of course is very good. Surprisingly, Black Dog - a brand i always looked down upon because of the wierd name, i discovered is very good too.

Scotch is of course, "my poison", but all the other forms are great too. Vodka is yummy, Bacardi is divine. Wine i love love love. Gin not so much, but nevertheless have been there and done that...the whole gimlet phase. Breezers are babystuff and beer is the ultimate buddy ol' pal. Liquers are a litte too sweet but if you can stop worrying about the calories, too yummy to pass up. You can gimme Irish Cream anyday, anywhere and watch me throw caution to the winds and shamelessly tank up on it.

So net net, i think i'm arriving as a seasoned alcophile. And that does make me swell a little with pride. Whoopie!

H O W E V E R

Getting high, and in that state deciding to write a blogpost, is NOT a good idea methinks, and it has got to stop. The post below this one is testimonial to that. There are also a few others, some that are still in the archives, and some that were hastily pulled off the morning after a binge.

But then again, its all just harmless fun, so what does it matter?

So eat, drink and be merry... Time flies when you're having rum!

Cheers!

2 Reasons to smile:

Blogger Unknown said...

ha... cheers to that!!
come here and we'll have long island iced tea.. remember Hard Rock?? lol...
btw... getting drunk and writing a blog.. hmmmmmmmm.... way too many on my blog... extremely embaressing ones that too.. but i never have the heart to delete my own posts!

July 31, 2008 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

July 31, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home