Wednesday, May 02, 2007

General rambling of a sleepyhead

Went to Chennai today and Gosh does it feel good to be back home. It was 30 degrees there at 8.30 in the morning. The room where we had the group did not have AC, but the room where the client sat, did. Hrrmmpph.
And having slept only 2 hrs last night it was torturous sitting there, to say the least
I love old, traditional style Tamil/ Malayalee homes, but don't particularly hold a high opinion of their aesthetic sense when it comes to decorating the house. It's not even minimalism, its often just slobbiness...
I end up doing more thinking/ reflecting/ brooding while traveling on work, than i did while on vacation
I don't like being broody. I like me effervescent.
Been reading a lot of blogs and checking out flickr profiles. So much talent out there... gives me such a complex. (btw - nearly every blog has the stupid 20 questions thingie :-) lol)
Reading a good book can feel so good.
I'm back to being insomniac, and don't know what to do about it. I must sleep NOW.

6 Reasons to smile:

Blogger Shobha said...

Hey, how did you finally manage to fall asleep ? Do tell 'coz I am doing the insomnia thing too!

May 4, 2007 at 1:03 AM  
Blogger :) said...

alcohol makes me sleep. but too much makes me sick, and too little doesn't keep my mind quiet. its tough finding the balance :)

May 5, 2007 at 6:09 AM  
Blogger that girl in pink said...

it's 2 in the morning and i'm alternating between the happiness journal and the no nice thoughts page.

insomnia...tell me about it.

May 5, 2007 at 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i can hardly keep my eyes open beyond 12... even if i am on the phone... i start talking what i am dreaming... its freaky!!! - B

May 5, 2007 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

ss:
don't know if you saw my comment on another post. But really, that's how i ultimately fall asleep- i force myself to recite multiplication tables. zzzz in seconds :-)

:-):
after you've been sick you almost always fall asleep. So i'd go with too much alcohol anyday :) lol.

pink:
thanks for dropping in.. I'm telling you. Try tables. 13 times 7?

tirbha:
and then you sleep like such a log that you don't wake up when your cell phone (lying on your own tummy) rings 7 times... you're disgusting. Leave us insomniacs alone, show off!

May 6, 2007 at 3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

November 10, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home