Sunday, December 24, 2006

Belonging...

Sis visits my office and all - the security guards, the accounts guys, the secy's - all just gape at her coz she's so pretty. And then they tell us both that we look very similar :-)
Yeey!!
"Spending sat nite at TC - That thing you do playing" reads text message from a strange number as soon as i land in Delhi. 2 Microseconds of confusion, and then i smile. I haven't heard from him in ages, he's relocated to S'pore. But this text means he's in India. It's Sexy Su, and it fills me with such happiness. We manage to meet the next day, at the airport - for 20 minutes. In that, we squeeze in 2 tight hugs, complete love-life updates, a dash of flirting for old times sake, and lots of laughter.
11.45pm i'm in the cab driving from the airport to home. Christmas is 15 minutes away and as I pass the Mahim church I catch glimpses of the midnight mass through the wide-open windows. We pass by rather quickly much to my disappointment, but not too quickly for me to be washed over with the warmth overflowing from the little church. I make a mental note of the next churches coming up, where I must definitely look out of the window.
Back home, hugs from sis, mum, cousins and tasha greet my arrival. Mom knows i would have had dinner by now, but she's kept food on the table. I have not eaten in the flight, and i drop my worries about the diet for now, help myself to a large portion, and dig in.
Hi-fives and shoulder punches with teen cousins. Sis and i exchange stories - tired, speepy and yawning. I check my mail to find messages from friends asking where i've been. A while later, i lie in my bed under a warm blanket and read till sleep takes over. Mom comes and turns out the light.
I wake up to a persitent nuzzling by a wet doggie nose, a cool and bright and breezy day, hot tea and mouth-watering breakfast and music from sis's playlist of all time favorites.
It's a happy day and Taraa is feeling content. Moody's fast asleep and won't be visiting today. So we hope.
Merry Christmas to all

2 Reasons to smile:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

visits to delhi without information.. bad, sad...

January 7, 2007 at 1:34 AM  
Blogger ankurindia said...

merry Christmas

January 9, 2007 at 11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home