Thursday, November 02, 2006

Simple truths...


I am the girl I would be in love with if I were a man.
I'm fussy and spoilt, cry at the drop of a hat and probably have the worst temper in the world. And I love like mad.
I apply mascara on my lashes and balm on mom’s back as expertly, and with equal care and gentleness.
I do many things better than many people.
I do not blend in. Not for long anyway.
I had a happy childhood, a drama-filled teenage and an exciting youth. Just the way it ought to be.
I do have regrets, and I admit I've made mistakes. But I’m in love with those mistakes.
I am what I am because I faltered and learnt my lessons.
I forgive because that makes me stronger.
I do not forget.
I eat fast.
Think faster.
Sleep when absolutely necessary.
I love all things girly and feminine.
I believe in Karma, reincarnation and in love at 1st sight.
I thrive on attention and love.
Sometimes I’m as transparent as glass. Sometimes I don’t let you in on anything.
I like patterns, symmetry, melody and beauty.
I photograph well more often than not.
My curiosity keeps me grounded.
I admire people with passion. I want to be one of them.
I’m healthy, optimistic, stubborn and resilient.
I'm not afraid of the dark, of moths, spiders or of solitude. Loneliness is my only fear.
Sometimes I wish I were boy. A sweaty, dirty, graceless boy.
My rewards and trophies are hard-earned.
I’d trade almost anything for a trip around the world with a friend.
I’m greedy but share willingly.
I watch and learn.
I look within and reflect.
I seek help and directions.
I need and love my friends.
I could have been a princess in my past life.
I think I’m going to love my life till it ends.
I am the girl you could be in love with.
I'm the girl I would be in love with...

19 Reasons to smile:

Blogger Oreen said...

hmm, somehow Cheshire Cat reminds me of Navjot Sidhu referring to cream . . . or whatever.

Thank god you aren't him.

abt touring the world? a frnd has just done Europe in a car . . . slept in the car, drove it, got drunk in it, doped in it and even puked in it . . .

and then returned it to the car rental guys . . . came back a different man . . .

simple.

btw, i just loved this monologue . . . it's as if you are talking to the mirror . . .

November 2, 2006 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger A Arora said...

Hey. Got here from Oreen's page. Ur page is very simple, n yet very sublime. Love the name of ur blog. Quite the reverse of mine :) Feel like i probably know u from somewhere. Is that u in the Afghan Church pic? Just a stupid question, which probably has no relevance, but are u from Xaviers?

November 3, 2006 at 4:08 AM  
Blogger pals said...

Very interesting piece...good way to reflect.

November 3, 2006 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

Thanks Oreen for visiting... Ya i know what you mean by almost like talking to the mirror.

I envy your friend's grit and strength. change was expected i'm sure.


Enchanted days... what a lovely name. I've answered your questions on your blog... about the girl in the pic and the college bit.

Fountainhead... so are u going to do the same? I hope u say yes...

Will someone please tell me how you TAG people??

November 5, 2006 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger goldfluke said...

they say... had we not loved ourselves, we could never have it in us to love another. in that sense self-love is the basis of all love...

November 5, 2006 at 8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always thot you were the girl i could be in love with... if only u'd give me a chance, Cat :-)

Ok i'm no psycho stalker. Just like u.

and like hell u're not afraid of the dark... suchaliar!

November 6, 2006 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

Goldfluke..u just find a way to always make me look like the picture of perfection :-)
which of course i'm not complaining about. Thank u!

anon...i am not afraid of the dark. but u obvisouly are too scared of me to come out. anyway, I'm glad u like me but frankly my dear, i don't give a damn.

November 7, 2006 at 6:57 PM  
Blogger pals said...

I don't think I could express things as well as you did. Also what do you mean by TAG? Did not quite understand what you wanted to do.

November 7, 2006 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

To 'tag' means that you invite some people to write about the same thing that you have written about. So if i tagged you, you'll have to write simple truths about you on your blog.

And i don't know one tags people. Is it enough if i'm asking them to do it? i don't know...

November 7, 2006 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger lemontree said...

hey cat. first time here. lovely blog. and love this entry.

tagging like blogging is really simple. yup your command is enough. you just need to go to the people blog you want to tag and ask them to do it.

specification of some sort helps
like 'nine' simple truths about yourself or some such

love

November 7, 2006 at 10:02 PM  
Blogger A Arora said...

Then I probably know ur sister from somewhere..maybe Xaviers..her face looks familiar..thats why I asked...
thanks for the name comment, I like it, tho' dark.. :)

November 8, 2006 at 1:49 AM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

Lemontree, thank heavens u're out of hiding. when are u writing your new post? and thanks for helping me out again.
by the way - u have recognized the owner of this blog, right?

enchated days - maybe. Though i doubt it. I went to Xaviers... sis did not :-). visit again when i write more.

November 8, 2006 at 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am sitting and feeling happy reading your journal...


uh oh... Happy got disgusted and just left....

happiness journal... yeah right! thats an oxymoron

November 9, 2006 at 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wana do frndsfp?And Lemontree, Is that you shefa?

November 12, 2006 at 8:57 AM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

Sad Soul, awww come now...call Happy back ya.
And is it that u just wanted to use the word 'oxymoron' or is that u meant to say something else? I don't think yr statement made any sense.

Anonymous... there is a reason why people use pseudonyms. Look at yrself...u've not logged in with yr own name. If u wanna ask Lemontree his/ her tru identity please do that on his/ her blog.

Sorry to be curt to both of u.. guess i'm not particularly concerned about my popularity quotient.

November 12, 2006 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

Oh and Anonymous, i suppose u understand then that i'm not exactly interested in your offer of 'frndsfp'. I like my friends to have names u see.

November 12, 2006 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sistaaa.... how do you manage to be so creative!! i want to be you...
17 comments... not bad!!
btw... you believe in love at first sight??? noooo!!! i dont think so... not from the hajaar lectures that you have given me for not falling for just any stupid guy you meet... not from your past life records!!

November 13, 2006 at 7:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh.. i think this has been the best post ever... not read and liked anything more anywhere...

November 13, 2006 at 7:34 AM  
Blogger Pixychik said...

sis... u made my day, week, year with your words

thank u :-* :-* :-*

November 14, 2006 at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home