Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Retrospection

This is from the archives of my other blog, at the beginning of this year. Find it hard to believe I wrote it. While in content it's fine and absolutely true, in style... it is almost as if someone else wrote it. I don't feel like the person who did...
It's juvenile to say the least... but then, one year ago perhaps that's how i was!

* * *
Unusual professions that fascinate me (Jan 2006)
I am a Market Researcher by profession. Don't be fooled by the sound of it. What it basically means is that I get paid to go around asking people about their opinion about different things. Things like marriage, retirement, college-life, shampoos, shoes, diamonds, condoms, cars, books etc etc etc..
My friends think its very cool that I travel all over the country and stay in the best hotels in some of the coolest places... but trust me it all seriously just about ok. If money wasn't the thing...and if I knew how to, these are some of the things I'd really wanna do..
1) Be a crooner
Have you ever imagined what much of the music we love would sound like without these awesome people who do the back-up vocals. Oh how i'd love to be a crooner!!! I'm sure you done the singing-in-front-of-the-mirror-with-a-hairbrush-for-a-mike... No? Well I do it all the time.. Only, i'm not trying to be Madonna... I'm trying to perfect the oooooooooooooooohs and the hey-heyyyyyyyys :))
Oh how i'd love to be a crooner!!
2) Own a shop of imitiation jewellery
I know this is perhaps quite achievable... but then i'm not writing about what's unachieveable . I'm writing about stuff that I will perhaps not get around doing in my life and which i would love to. And I would love to own a shop with imitation and silver jewellery. Ohh to think of all that gorgeous...gorgeous stuff at my disposal. On second thoughts..i think i'll make a very bad store owner, considering i'd probably keep all the cool stuff for myself and refuse to sell any!
3) Host a travel show on TV
Do i even need to elaborate on this one -- I think just about everyone in their right mind would love this job. Gosh, is it even a job? You travel to the most exotic places in the world, stay in the best places, do the coolest things AND get paid big bucks!!!! And please no one who does this for a living write to me about how it screws up your social life and how tiring it is. Buzz off... if you hate it, swap places with me and let me do it instead!!
4) Be a dolphin trainer
Again - anyone who does this for a living please DO NOT tell me about the difficulties of the job. Im' sure its tough. I'm sure it doesn't pay millions.... but while i'm fantasizing, please don't burst my happy bubble. I'm thinking of myself as the master trainer who's got plenty of money to not worry about it. I'm thinking of these sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet dolly-phins in looooooooooooooooooooove with me.
Sighhh! How i resent my job. I never get to see dolphins!
5) Be a body peircing artist
This is the sadist in me longing to inflict some pain on humanity. I think i would be a damn good pain-inflictor. In fact I would be so good that I would be painless. I'd be master at peircing eye-brows, nipples, bellybutton and what nots... Wow!!:) Ok enough daydreaming I suppose. Time for me to get back to my mundane work and to my presentation about why women love perfumes; and put away all the expensive samples of designer perfumes that're lying scattered at my desk!:(
Keep smiling always - u never know who's noticing it

0 Reasons to smile:

Post a Comment

<< Home