Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The must-haves

In my home
- Sounds of laughter and of food cooking
- a balcony with a view of a pretty harbour
- a library, a wine cellar, a squash court and a pool table


In my partner
- maturity and wisdom that I could respect and look up to
- an infectious zest for living life to the very fullest
- the mischievousness and charm of a child

In a day
- a big and soul satisfying breakfast
- at least one big laugh
- 8 hrs of sleep

In my wardrobe
- a classy little black dress
- different colors, fabrics and styles co-existing happily
- one ambition pair of jeans – that never lie about my weight, are the first to tell me it’s time to diet

In my car
- Music, food and a squash racket
- Lotsa fuel (magically always there)
- Some rope and a spare tyre (and an instruction manual on how to change the tyre if needed)

In my heart
- A dream that gives me reason to keep going no matter what
- Gratitude for all that I have, and also for those things that I don’t
- The strength to forgive those who I cannot get even with


In my old-age
- Enough stories of my youth to amuse, impress and scandalize my grandkids
- Enough money and wits to command the attention/respect of family and society
- A partner and some friends with their memories and strengths intact

In me, today
- Enough patience to wait till it gets better
- Faith in me and my capabilities
- The courage to be reckless sometimes



2 Reasons to smile:

Blogger justme said...

may all your wishes come true!

January 18, 2007 at 3:08 AM  
Blogger Jackson said...

Amen to the pool table!! :P

January 21, 2007 at 3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home