Saturday, November 08, 2008

The bandwagon

Circa 1998
Catching up with sis during my trip home for Diwali
Sis: Well?
Me: Well what? Well nothing.
Sis: Uff.. you’re so boring. Acchha… what about Neha?
Me: Kartik. Very gorgeous.
Sis: Ritu?
Me: Anuj. Very friendly, but balding.
Sis: Janice?
Me: Clive. Talks non-stop. Sings well too.
Sis: And what about Anu?
Me: None. Like me. J
Sis: Oh, acchha. Prerna?
Me: Neel.
Sis: Neel? Who’s Neel? I thought it was Ajay?
Me: Yes, Ajay's the first one. Neel is the latest.
Sis: And among the guys.. what about Abhijit?
Me: Snehal.
Sis: Nice name. Is she pretty?
Me: Dunno… haven’t seen her yet. Saw some pictures, but you know how it is, can hardly tell from pics.
Sis: And who else, who else? Arnav?
Me: Umm…Ritika, I think. No – that is John’s. Umm… I forget the name now.. I haven’t met him in a long time.
Sis: Hmm. Anyway, I so wish you too could be a little like your friends.
Me: Shut up, you sound like mom, now. Am happy the way I am. Told you – am not ready yet.

Circa 2008
Catching up with sis during my trip home for Diwali
Sis: Well?
Me: Well what? Well nothing.
Sis: Uff.. you’re so boring. Acchha… what about Neha?
Me: Aryan. Lovely dark hair.
Sis: Ritu?
Me: Ritin. Very cute - totally bald J
Sis: Janice?
Me: Steve. Very cranky and clingy
Sis: And what about Anu?
Me: None. Like me
Sis: Oh, acchha. Prerna?
Me: Nakul
Sis: Nakul? Wasn’t it Nipun?
Me: Yes, Nipun's the first one. Nakul is the latest.
Sis: And among the guys.. what about Abhijit?
Me: Riaka
Sis: Nice name. Is she pretty?
Me: I believe so… haven’t seen her yet. Saw some pictures, but you know how it is, can hardly tell from pics.
Sis: And who else, who else? Arnav?
Me: Umm…Ayesha, I think. No – that is John’s. Umm… I forget the name now.. I haven’t met him in a long time.
Sis: Hmm. Anyway, I so wish you too could be a little like your friends.
Me: Shut up, you sound like mom, now. Am happy the way I am. Told you – am not ready yet.
I was the last to find a boyfriend, i'll probably be the last to have a baby. It's alright, sis... Forget about the bandwagon!

1 Reasons to smile:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hhahahaha.
Good post.

November 14, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home